Goal: Reduce commute-related emissions an additional 5% by 2020; add alternative fuel and fuel efficient vehicles to the fleet (2010 Climate Action Plan)
Goal: Reduce SF State's Drive-Alone Rate
Status: In progress. Since 2008, SF State affiliates have increasingly ridden transit or walked to campus.
Goal: SF State supports SFMTA's goal of 50% non-auto (transit, bicycling, walking and taxi) trips by 2018 and the Board of Supervisors' resolution of 20% of trips by bicycle by 2020.
Status: A majority of SF State affiliates arrive to campus by non-auto trips. Bicycle trips make up a small portion (about 4%) of the commute.
Highlights: Sustainable Transportation
- The Gator Pass provides students with unlimited Muni rides and a 50% reduction in BART fares for trips starting and ending at the Daly City Station.
- Our Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Plan guides our efforts to shift towards sustainable transportation. Click here to read the latest TDM Plan.
- The TDM Committee, co-chaired by the Office of Sustainability and University Police Department, oversees the implementation of transportation projects.
- Power to the Pedal bicycle outreach program provides free repairs on campus, fun community events, and education about bike commuting.
- Bikeshare and shared scooters are available around campus and throughout the City of San Francisco.
- We conduct detailed Campus Transportation Surveys every 3 years.
- SF State's facilities fleet was transitioned to primarily electric vehicles in 2018.
AASHE STARS Score
SF State's high score in the Transportation category reflects our longstanding commitment to transit and collaboration with local transit agencies. SF State has room for improvement in promoting commuter programs and improving non-driving commuting among staff and faculty.
|Campus Fleet (OP 15)||Complete||1.00 / 1.00|
|Student Commute Modal Split (OP 16)||Complete||1.47 / 2.00|
|Employee Commute Modal Split (OP 17)||Complete||1.07 / 2.00|
|Support for Sustainable Transportation (OP 18)||Complete||1.80 / 2.00|