SF State holds sustainability outreach events throughout the year. Check frequently for the latest updates. Hosting a green event? Visit our green events guide here.
Bike to SF State Day: May 8 & 10, 2018
Pre-Bike to Work Day celebration on May 8:
- 7:30am-9:30am: Traffic Count: Meet at Corner of 10th & Market Street, SF. part of class field trip - but all are welcome to join. This is one of the highest volumes of cyclists you will see in the US.
- 9:30-11: Leisurely bike ride to SF State via Market Street, Wiggle, Panhandle, Golden Gate Park, Ocean Beach, ending in HSS 383 at 11am (starts at vicinity of 10th and Market as part of class field trip, but anyone is welcome to join the ride).
We're celebrating Bike to Work Day at SF State on May 10th.
- 8:30am-9:45am: Bike ride from Panhandle in San Francisco to SF State
- 10am-12pm: SF Bicycle Coalition / SF State Energizer station on 19th Avenue. Learn about the coalition's latest campaigns to make cycling better in SF and the benefits of membership.
- 11am-12:15pm: Presentation about cycling by the Global Transportation Geography class in HSS 383. Open to the public.
- 3:30pm: Bike commuter train leaving campus at HSS by 19th Avenue. This will be a leisurely ride from campus through the Sunset and Golden Gate park that ends up at Civic Center.
Join SF State in the Bay Area Bike Challenge throughout May
Join one of the SF State Bay Area Bike Challenge teams for some friendly competition with other Bay Area organizations and win prizes! Log your bike trips here to participate: https://www.lovetoride.net/bayarea/teams/6360?locale=en-US. Beginners welcome!
Free Bike Repair with Power to the Pedal
Bring your bicycle to the SF State Farmers Market for free basic repairs every Thursday during the school year from 11-2pm. Also available by appointment.